- Treasurer’s Report
- ARC Updates
- Annual Meeting options for meal
- Sheep Creek current road conditions and possible options.
There will be a Public Board Meeting Thursday, December 6 at 6:30 p.m.
The toll free number is 1 (866) 398-2885 access code 687701
The two items on the agenda so far are:
We now have two new ARC Applications under Pending Construction. Remember, you have 10 days to comment directly to the ARC Committee.
We also have the SCLA Member Roster in the members only section – Check these out!
As a reminder, the Annual meeting is just around the corner. The first Saturday in August we will have the August 4th Annual Meeting starting at 10:00 am, Silent Auction (following annual meeting) and Potluck (12:00 pm) at the Red Bear in Horca! PLEASE NOTE CHANGE IN LOCATION!!!
The planning committee is asking everyone to bring a dish to share:
- Last names starting with A-I, please bring a main dish
- Last names starting with J-R, bring a side or salad
- Last names starting with S-Z, head up the desserts
- Lemonade and Water will be provided
- RSVP to Sharon Eanes at 505-459-3933 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Give yourself plenty of time to shop the Silent Auction with all proceeds benefiting the Sheep Creek Scholarship Fund. We are asking Sheep Creek Landowners to donate an item or cash for the auction. Vicki Bader is handling this and can be reached at email@example.com.
Message from Clint Crowe, SCLA Presdient –
We will hold a brief public conference call Board Meeting tomorrow.
Please try hard to call in for as much of the meeting as possible.
Toll free number is 1 (866) 398-2885 access code 687701 …time 6 pm.
We have several new topics to get your input on. Here’s the overview:
1. Annual meeting is still Aug 4 at 10 am at THE RED BEAR followed by our auction and a potluck lunch.
2. Southern Colorado fire danger is high. Labor Day weekend is our annual fire abatement chipping party hosted by Mr. Eanes. Help us keep Sheep Creek safe.
3. Our Community Water Plan has been submitted to CO State Dept Public Health by our Water Systems Manager, Rich Basinger. We are now a public utility.
Due to greatly increased water expenses, our water fees starting this next period go from $200 to $300.
4. Roads are currently being graveled and graded.
5. No significant beaver, aspen webworm, fir caterpillar or pine bark beetle sightings to-date.
6. Gate service completion is slow.
7. Healthy trout population in our pond is at an all time high.
8. Get involved. Volunteer to be on a committee or the Board. We welcome your help. Suggest a nomination for the open positions on the ballot.
The annual letter to the membership will be signed by your SCLA Volunteer Board of Directors and will contain the ballot, the meeting schedule, and any of the above
topics you want to include and aims to be sent out next week.
The potluck lunch committee asks us to add to our letter the following information:
“Don’t miss the potluck lunch following the annual meeting at the Red Bear starting at 12:00pm. In lieu of paid admission, this is potluck. Last names starting with A-I,
please bring a main dish. Last names with J-R, bring a side or salad and S-Z, head up the desserts! We will provide lemonade and water and paper goods/plastic ware.
Give yourself plenty of time to shop the silent auction with all proceeds benefitting the Sheep Creek Scholarship Fund. Speaking of the silent auction,
we are asking all residents to donate one item to auction, so be thinking about what you could donate. More information will be coming regarding the potluck
and auction this summer. “
Talk with you tomorrow,
As most of you are aware, we had a dry winter and even drier spring. Our fire danger level will be going to a stage 1 fire ban on May 21st. We’ve added the “Fire Danger Level” to our menu banner along with the signs at both entries of Sheep Creek. Please be mindful of the extreme dryness. This link has the most current drought information – https://www.weather.gov/pub/droughtInformation
As reported at our 2017 SCLA Annual meeting, Jade Communication will begin laying fiber optic line to bring high speed internet service to the Conejos Canyon by the summer of 2019. Television and telephone service will also be available. For more details click this link: Jade_Letter_to-Conejos_Canyon_4-2018.pdf (268 downloads) If you have questions do not hesitate to contact them on the number listed on the letter. You can even reserve your line today!
The Board of Directors have scheduled a meeting for Tuesday, March 13 at 6:00 p.m. MDT. SCLA members are welcome to call in for the meeting. Any topics for discussion should be forwarded to Leah Collins, firstname.lastname@example.org to be included on the agenda. Call in number 1-866-398-2885; Passcode 687701 or (719) 457-6209.
The 12-21-17 BOD Meeting Minutes have been posted under Members Only section. Our apologies for the incorrect passcode being posted. 1 number was inadvertently left off of this last posting. Thank you.